You hear about hurricanes, tornadoes, forest fires and other natural disasters — but most people don’t realize that flooding is the most common weather disaster for home and business owners. Flooding not only costs property owners millions of dollars each year, but also causes devastating damage that can linger long afterwards.
Much of the damage caused by flooding isn’t even seen or discovered until much later, when property owners find the unseen consequences in the form of rotting wood and other structural damage, as well as areas of mold which pose a danger not only to buildings, but also to the respiratory health of those who live and work in them.
When flood waters threaten or harm your property, Delray Beach Restoration Pros will be there for you. We offer crucial services during weather related emergencies, services that can save your property and even your wellbeing. And best of all, we’ll be there to help within two hours of your call.
Here’s how we can help you during weather related emergencies:
- We’re certified experts in the removal of dangerous mold and mold spores caused by water and damp
- We know how to look for areas of rot and other structural damage caused by flooding
Fire and Smoke-Related Emergencies
Few things are more devastating than a fire. Even if property isn’t totally destroyed, it’s often considered ruined because of the different types of smoke residues which can cling to items. It may seem impossible to remove this residue, but Delray Beach Restoration Pros are specialists in removing all types of fire and smoke residue, including:
- Dry Smoke Residue: This is a dry, powdery coating that results from fast-burning fires
- Wet Smoke Residue: This is a sticky coating that clings to property, and results from longer-burning fires that smolder
- Fuel Oil Soot: This is residue from furnace waste
- Protein Residue: This is waste residue that not only smells bad, but ruins surface finishes
- Fire-Fighting Residues: These are caused by rescue efforts, and can include residue from fire extinguishers and tear gas.
Complete Mold Removal Services
Mold is not only damaging to property; it can also cause long-term and even life-threatening respiratory illnesses, particularly in children, the elderly and anyone with weakened immune systems. People at high risk who breathe mold spores can suffer from mold exposure illnesses, with symptoms such as dizziness, respiratory problems, fatigue, headaches and other flu-like symptoms.
Sometimes mold spores and damage can only be detected by experts who know how to identify molding areas as well as gauge the amount of damage or potential risk. Areas of contamination can also be isolated and lab-tested for your peace of mind.
At Delray Beach Pros, we specialize in all of these services, including removal and expert cleaning of the mold areas.
When you’re struggling through the aftermath of a natural disaster, the only way to truly ensure your safety and mitigate the health hazards around you is to call in the professionals at Delray Beach Restoration Pros.